• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many HMMWVs are still in the pipeline to be auctioned?

Gamble

Does anyone have an idea just how many more Hmmwvs will be headed to auction? I saw a post earlier this week that the Marines are running out of Hmmwvs that are available to be sent for auction. I have no idea if this is true but I am curious as to how many more Hmmwvs will be auctioned off.

GuntherRommel

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look on the map up near Susanville Ca and tell me how many you see, I'm kidding. maybe they will all go to scrap

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember the fields at Red River full of them 5-6 years ago. There was so much stuff there parked on roads and the back areas it was insane. 80% of what I saw was soft skinned. It all was scrapped in the GL days with no culling of parts/anything allowed. Total destruction and new Budweiser cans or Chinese razor blades is what we have to show for it.

I think there is still quite a bit out there in the Reserves and national guard hands. It ain't over yet ........

TMOMW

NOT all will be sold, any army ones with armor will not be sold,,, there were just at 200k in the military... the first 70k are gone (sold, crushed, battle loss, etc), the next group are 30-40k that were crushed due to the army not following the rules, they are gone. the marines are selling there trucks so maybe 10k left there.. of the ones left 70-80k... the military says they will have some till 2050, they just bought more a few months ago.. so some are not being released any time soon.... no armored ones from the army are being released!!! so maybe 20-40k over the next 10 or so years.... they will come out in groups probably.. i know the first group is being snatched up by the states.. after that slows down more will make there way to auction sales.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My ex was in the Army in the 90s, and she would occasionally drive home in a HMMWV or M997 Ambulance from the local base for lunch. I fell in love with them and 30 years later could afford to buy one. Definitely not an “investment”.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that the Humvee’s are a great investment. I think that you can drive it for a few years and break even or make money. What other car/truck can you buy in this price range and get the same results? I will make a killing on mine if/when I get done with them. If you were one of the people that paid in the 40’s 50’s or 60’s I don’t think you will have the same results but if you are in the 20’s you are looking good. I plan on keeping both of mine and pass them on to my Son so he can trade them for a Tesla… lol

Gamble

I believe that the Humvee’s are a great investment. I think that you can drive it for a few years and break even or make money. What other car/truck can you buy in this price range and get the same results? I will make a killing on mine if/when I get done with them. If you were one of the people that paid in the 40’s 50’s or 60’s I don’t think you will have the same results but if you are in the 20’s you are looking good. I plan on keeping both of mine and pass them on to my Son so he can trade them for a Tesla… lol
In the future I will likely electrify mine once the Tesla conversions are reliable and easy to DIY.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the future I will likely electrify mine once the Tesla conversions are reliable and easy to DIY.
You and my Child would get along great. Lol
I’m different because I don’t want to do anything that takes away from the original design. I would love a Duramax and spin all 4 tires but I don’t want the electronics that go along with it. I have seen some crazy mechanical Duramax builds from Wyland? I might be butchering the name but they are spendy. You keep your weight down and it’s not that bad. Everyone gets to do whatever they want and that’s part of the experience. I really love driving mine and sometimes I just sit in it and drink beer.. lol never had anything that I just want to hangout in

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks