• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much are parts trucks worth?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy I know has 2 parts trucks, good bodys, been sitting for 10 years or so, missing transmission in one, injector pump in both(I think, been a while since I looked at them), various little parts(gages, glass, door, etc...).

How much would they be worth?

Dennis

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you decide to part them out, you'd get your money back pretty quickly even if you paid $1,000/ea. Used to sell on DRMS for about $500 or so.
Transportation could become an issue.

pa.rich

You know , it really depends what parts you are after and how rare they are in my opinion. If it has what you need and you can complete a project, then turn around and get most or some of your money back by selling other parts off it, that would be feasable. Sometimes you dont make out well financially, but you get alot of enjoyment out of the complete unit you were looking to finish.Thats got to be worth something. Figure out what parts on the trucks are worth for sale and if they are something that can sell,and deduct what it will cost to move them to your place and make an offer.Its a combination of needs , and money and labor intensive stuff you would have to do to get them.Some cases its just easier to bite the bullet and put out the dough for the part you need and dont bother with the hassel of parts trucks, mess laying around, etc.I dont think money is always a consideration, depending on the desparation of your quest for the part.Just my take on it , some will disagree.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might do well to take the two, and build one complete one out of it. Then, you should have enough parts left over to at least pay some of the bill for the purchase, or save the spare parts for your complete rig. Either way, it's a great deal if you can swing it.

rizzo

Re: RE: How much are parts trucks worth?

cranetruck said:
If you decide to part them out, you'd get your money back pretty quickly even if you paid $1,000/ea. Used to sell on DRMS for about $500 or so.
Transportation could become an issue.
x2

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: How much are parts trucks worth?

Axles are a big mover.Call over to Sam Winers or Adlemans and see what they are getting for them. $1200 for a front and rear are a good deal. Incidental stuff is a plus. I base all parts truck purchases on the sales of the axles. With that said, wished they were closer, I'm about to do another gasser/multifuel swap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks