• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how much does a SECM weight

84cucv1ton

really?? wow didint think it would be anywhere near that. what a great day, fork lift busted, air compressor busted, m1009 broken into, tools gone. my girl has my 91 k5 just got into a accident. thanks god shes ok.

i need to move this thing and i cant. damn it :evil:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Empty I would say 500 lbs. With generator (belt drive) 1000 lbs, (Wisconsin power) 1500 lbs.

My forklift is dead too today. Must be in the air. Glad your GF is OK. Things will get better.

84cucv1ton

thanks, not sure what to do. been working a lot of hours and i didnt get it off. first time in 8 years this fork lift gave me trouble. a guy drove a looong way for this thing and i have no way to get off.:-x

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack it up using floor jacks and wood blocks, make sure it's supported, then drive the truck out from beneath it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne Harris and I used a 2 4x4s across the bed and 2 bumper jacks. Was able to lift and crib it up enough to swap trucks.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wayne Harris and I used a 2 4x4s across the bed and 2 bumper jacks. Was able to lift and crib it up enough to swap trucks.

That's what I had in mind, only using hydraulic floor or bottle jacks. Similar process the house movers use. Just account for the extra weight of the generator in the front.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm doing a similar thing in removing the same SECM body with the welder in it. I have a wrecker but need to really study it so that I can sling it wihtout damage. Too bad it lacks lift rings.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since no one was able to give a definitive answer on the weight I might be out of luck here, but does anyone have the dimensions of the CUCV SECM body? I might be picking up several and wanted to judge how many I could get in to the back of my deuce or on a 18' flatbed (or both). Weight isn't so much of a concern with either but I'll use NDTs numbers just for estimates.

davidkroberts

you could always hire a wrecker service with a rollback to winch it on to the bed then drive out from under it then drive the truck its going on underneath and away you go. If you both drive to the place it shouldnt be more than 50 bucks or so.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knew I should have got a dropside. Looks like only 1 in the bed of the deuce or maybe 2 on the trailer at most. Too many decisions. They said there wouldn't be any math involved. That's why I went in to Infantry.