• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how to lift a rear axle on a M923A2

212sparky

I am looking at bidding on a truck with 2 bad tires on the rear most axle. I know I have seen pictures on how to raise and hold the far axle up, I just cant find the information any where.

Thanks for the help,

Rob

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not drive very far like that. Do the tire have holes in them? Can you just air them up or replace them?

davo727

Would need to be a really big stout chain, if you hit a dip in the road its gonna try real hard to snap the chain. I might do something like that for a few miles at 30 mph but not much more. Sketchy

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah... I'm going to have to say the same. Around the yard is fine. But please don't try something like that on the roads.

212sparky

I am just looking at worst case scenario. I fill the tires and have them go out on me. I was thinking pull the short drive shaft, pull the wheels and chain up the axle to a safe location.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While not a 5 ton, I used to do this all the time while piggybacking deuces. If doing this on a driving truck remember you are effectively shortening the wheelbase and unloading a bit of front end weight. Driving characteristics will change.

212sparky

It will be a bit. Have to get a house, a ring and Maby a wedding. But working around 100 hours a week it should take no time to get it all done. Just can't beat the prices right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks