• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to look up Lister Petter parts numbers

m32825

I understand how to use the technical parts manual to look up part numbers for my MEP-803a, but how do I find numbers for engine parts? Thanks!

-- Carl

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
MEP-802A - Onan DN2M built engine based from Lister-Petter LPW2 engine, 2 cylinder
MEP-803A - Onan DN4M built engine based from Lister-Petter LPW4 engine, 4 cylinder

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LPW4+water+pump

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Water pump:

TM 9-2815-252-24P, (Diesel Engine Model Number DN2M-1, for the 5KW, MEP-802A Gen Set
TM Date, 30 Oct, 1996
Page 3-1 or PDF Reader page #11 of 88 pages
Figure #3
Item #9
CAGE Code: 44940, (Cummins Power Generation International)
Manufacturer Part Number: 186-6178, (cummins number)
NSN: 2930-01-359-4992

That's the basic info, gleaned from the Engine TM.
I plugged in the NSN into that big auction house in the sky, and found nothing.
I plugged in the Part Number into that big auction house in the sky, and found a water pump for sale in Green Mountain. They also listed the Peter Lister number: 750-40621.
So I looked around for Cummins parts manuals. Seems to be nothing for it but to join the Cummins web site and then you can buy parts manuals.
Then I looked at Lister Petter parts manuals. Found lots of them, but am not sure just which one is the right one. So I sent a mail, to ask. Am waiting on the mail.

At the end of this day, it seems like you can find things, if you look hard enough. When I know which Lister Petter parts manuals to use, I will post them.

Was this of any help? If not, tell me what you want.

m32825

Water pump:

TM 9-2815-252-24P, (Diesel Engine Model Number DN2M-1, for the 5KW, MEP-802A Gen Set
TM Date, 30 Oct, 1996
Page 3-1 or PDF Reader page #11 of 88 pages
Figure #3
Item #9
CAGE Code: 44940, (Cummins Power Generation International)
Manufacturer Part Number: 186-6178, (cummins number)
NSN: 2930-01-359-4992

That's the basic info, gleaned from the Engine TM.
I plugged in the NSN into that big auction house in the sky, and found nothing.
I plugged in the Part Number into that big auction house in the sky, and found a water pump for sale in Green Mountain. They also listed the Peter Lister number: 750-40621.
So I looked around for Cummins parts manuals. Seems to be nothing for it but to join the Cummins web site and then you can buy parts manuals.
Then I looked at Lister Petter parts manuals. Found lots of them, but am not sure just which one is the right one. So I sent a mail, to ask. Am waiting on the mail.

At the end of this day, it seems like you can find things, if you look hard enough. When I know which Lister Petter parts manuals to use, I will post them.

Was this of any help? If not, tell me what you want.
Yes, thanks, that is definitely helpful, good job reading my mind! :)

I found a bunch of Lister Petter water pumps, but I want to know how to look up the numbers myself so I can order the right one the first time!

So the manual for the 802a engine works for 803a parts? That probably explains why I wasn't coming up with an 803a engine parts manual...

-- Carl

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Think of the DN2M and the DN4M as everything the same except one is 2 cylinders and one is 4 cylinders.

So many parts are the same. Injectors, pistons, rings, water pump, glow plugs, fuel pumps, and the control panels are the same. All the filters, etc...

Hopefully you wont need much to get it all together and running. :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks