• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to repair small holes (three) in the Vinyl (Canvas) on a MK23?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have three small holes about the size of your little finger near the top of of the truck. It is called "a canvas" but it is more like a rubberized material. Has anyone repaired one?

Is a bicycle patching kit an option?

MK23 Cover.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Military canvas repair kit.
Thanks Simp! Seems that the military kits I found on-line were "enh". I did discover a kit for $125 at e-Pay. The important part for me is that the can of "sticky stuff" was labeled as HH-66 Vinyl Cement. Figure I can test it with some trimmings off a second tarp that is in really crummy shape.

Another idea might be for me to ride out to the local Army Navy store and see if they happen to have a military canvas repair kit in their stacks of goodies. Especially since I know what to call it now...

TacMac2012

I am sure any vinyl glue would work. Maybe check amazon for a pool patch repair kit, then cut a piece off the junk tarp as a patch. If you don't want to cut the junk tarp I can probably round up a tarp to cut some pieces off of and mail you a few pieces.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am sure any vinyl glue would work. Maybe check amazon for a pool patch repair kit, then cut a piece off the junk tarp as a patch. If you don't want to cut the junk tarp I can probably round up a tarp to cut some pieces off of and mail you a few pieces.
That would be neat if you have something already in tatters.
Please and thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks