• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to repair wire from lift pump to fuse holder?

DavidWymore

On my ‘70 :

Thinking
I might pull the stainless sheath back. Cut the wire. Machine the wire out of the threaded steel bulkhead fitting, maybe open up to fit small diameter fuel hose to seal and insulate the wire. Splice new submersion rated wire on with submersion rated heat shrink tubing. Pull stainless sheath back up over repair.

or maybe I could replace the whole wire from the bottom fitting up, but not sure how that’s put together.

I really don’t like how the wire gets smashed up when the cover is pushed down onto the studs...

Attachments

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a link with pics to what I wrote up a few years back when I did mine. I was doing so much work to my truck at that time it's hard to recollect exactly what I did in respect to the pump wire, but IIRC, I got some fuel submersible-rated teflon insulated wire, solder-spliced it into the wire coming out of the pigtail from the pump, shrink tubed the solder joint, then covered it with a section of synflex air line, sealed the wire's path through the top fitting with Permatex Ultra Black silicone and installed a new ring fitting for the fuse box conection, streched the stainless sheath back over as best I could, then shrink tubed over the stainless sheath too (in the linked post I stated to solder the new pump lead to the existing fuse box lead, but I know I replaced the fuse box lead, still got a chunk of the teflon-insulated wire left that I bought on ebay for the job)...
https://steelsoldiers.com/threads/has-anyone-tried-to-fit-this-pump-in.79191/page-5#post-2116684

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks