• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hub Studs Sheared Off - Wrecker - Texas

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a call from Jeepsinker, he was traveling towards Austin with his m936a2 towing an m923a2. He said his rear left wheel studs on his wrecker sheered off completely and he is on the side of the road. No injuries but the rim is shredded. He has a replacement tire/rim but the studs are beyond repair. Looking for anyone in the area who can assist.

Location: HW-290 between Giddings, Tx and Elgin, Tx (I believe he said 14mins outside Elgin, Tx)

Cell: (337)401-2470

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Suggestion, jack up the 939, pull the had hub, pull a good front hub off the 923a2 and install on the 936, LIFT tow the 923, this ALL could be done with hand tools in about an hour or so.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's supposed to be picking one up for me at Hood Tell him if he makes it that far he can rob what parts he needs from mine to keep him on the road. He may be swapping parts left and right but beats being stranded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeepsinker

I'm apparently close enough to some town that I have 3G now. The 923 I'm towing is not mine and I can't get ahold of he owner, so really don't want to remove his hub, also I'm not sure if I have the tools to remove the hub anyway. What size is the hub nut?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WORSE case use a hammer/chisel, not correct but works in a pinch, always can replace the nuts later, if it means not getting the truck to point B or betting it there less a part that can be fixed a point be, I would rob parts

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just chain the axle up without the tires on that hub?

Tornadogt

Sorry for the double post, Can you jack up the axle and chain the missing wheel side up then just flat tow the 923 slowly until you get somewhere to change the studs..

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far do you need to go?

Confirm, you have ctis.

Are you flat towing or lift towing?

You can block between the forward axle and the frame to keep the rear axle from touching the ground(since you can't chain it up).

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fwiw, you can probably chain it up to a frame cross-member too.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman is in Giddings and is a super guy, I will PM you his cell. Agree, need to find a NAPA and replace the studs right there. I will see where a NAPA is or Heavy Truck parts house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks