• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummer Style Exhaust on a M1009?

readyman

I think it would look cool, especially dual! I picked up the intake parts used on the HMMWV(not Hummer) and rotating them 180 degrees that would get them to fit under the hood. I have a HMMWV fording tailpipe with an additional 10 degree angle(drove my 6-1/2foot HMMWV into a 6foot garage :roll:), so I've thought about it.
A CUCV has civilian electronics so waterproof all the connectors, relays, circuit boards, instrument panel?, not at all like a HMMWV where all the connectors are waterproof.
The fording tailpipe adds a little noise to the aluminum can HMMWV that you probably wouldn't hear in the CUCV.

I ment running the exhaust out from under the truck and up the outside of the side of the truck. LIKE the hummers.
Would look better than this.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks