• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee down! Major stuck off road (video)

McSpeed

The Toyotas really rule these trails. The jeep guys are mostly show jeeps and they haven’t been bringing them out on these trails. There are some hard core jeeps for sure though. Hopefully we get some runs to the glacier in again soon.
I agree. I would not do these trails solo. But if I did I would need to bring my chainsaw and a rear winch.
I’m hoping to set up a camping rig and as I learn more about these trails (I’ve only been here a year) we can go solo to some points and spend the night.
Bear and moose are out there and need to be taken seriously but also rouge “manimals” that might be on the trails. So danger comes in many forms.
You will see trucks on these trails that got super stuck or broken down. They are known to get torched if you leave them there.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The Toyotas really rule these trails. The jeep guys are mostly show jeeps and they haven’t been bringing them out on these trails. There are some hard core jeeps for sure though. Hopefully we get some runs to the glacier in again soon.
I agree. I would not do these trails solo. But if I did I would need to bring my chainsaw and a rear winch.
I’m hoping to set up a camping rig and as I learn more about these trails (I’ve only been here a year) we can go solo to some points and spend the night.
Bear and moose are out there and need to be taken seriously but also rouge “manimals” that might be on the trails. So danger comes in many forms.
You will see trucks on these trails that got super stuck or broken down. They are known to get torched if you leave them there.
They are known to get torched if you leave them there.
[/QUOTE]
Nice neighborhood.

What's wrong with people ???? CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easy Pleasy!! 12K Hydro on the front, 12K electric on the rear!!
closeup.jpg
20200308_123224.jpg
I learned many decades ago that the front winch can usually only pull you farther into whatever your were stupid enough to drive off into to begin with..
EDIT, that oil is from my JLG manlift I was using to work on the shop door...

Last edited:

McSpeed

I wanted to watch and wanted to be smug that I can't get stuck once I get my front winch in place, but your narration makes me unhappy I haven't put on a rear mounted winch too.
If I had been alone I’d been pretty hosed without some rear winch. I had the come-a-long and used it to pull the truck over as you saw as I got pulled back in the path of that tree. Oh, I’m bringing my chainsaw next time too.
That Jason Beard fellow has a local shop. I’m going to see him this week and get some other recovery gear.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Easy Pleasy!! 12K Hydro on the front, 12K electric on the rear!!
View attachment 884332
View attachment 884333
I learned many decades ago that the front winch can usually only pull you farther into whatever your were stupid enough to drive off into to begin with..
EDIT, that oil is from my JLG manlift I was using to work on the shop door...
I learned long ago, two wheel drive go where you want. STUCK,.... lock it up four wheels and go home.

I get the bad ass set ups, but my days of being rescue ranger... tow hook are over. Let the younger crowd roll around in the mud and snow. LOL

Wimpy and no winch, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks