• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

humvee M1113 ecv fan

Hummermark

Hi I have a m1113 with the fan bolted to the water pump via 4 3/8 unc bolts there is a spacer between the fan and water pump pulley 11/8 thick it is a 10 bladed fan has any one put in a viscous hud?if so which one? The fan looks the same as the clutch fan on the humvees has any one done away with the clutch unit and put viscous hub on?

TedG

The picture shown is a geared fan drive unit for late model hmmwv's with REV frames.

There has been some people that have successfully installed a viscous clutch fan on the hmmwv. A little machining and a spacer is required to fit it. I have heard good things about them from the people that have done it. I have not.

Hummermark

Hi how do I know if I have a Rev frame? As the gear driven fan could be a option but I know I would have to get a new fan cowling which is bulky to ship.if any one has made a spacer and used a viscous hud could you let me know more details. What fan has the non military 6.5 turbo h1 have is it clutched or viscous hub?

TedG

Well you say you have an M1113, tmk they were only 12k frames and not REV 3 piece frame rails and REV specific front cross members 1 & 2. I have no further information on your viscous questions.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I converted to viscous clutch a long long time ago. I vaguely remember the clutch is from a 90's Chevy 1 ton, the fan is from H1, and you have to grind the face of the water pump pulley flat. I did an article on this that was published in MVM but now I can't find it. Sorry I can't be specific.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks