• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hyd.Head Replacement

Josh

Im going to swap out the HH on my truck to due to massive leaks at the injection lines, On my 2nd set of lines, so I've concluded its gota be the HH. Ive read about a dozent threads on how to swap it out, but I didnt see one mention seals or gaskets, Is there any seals or gaskets I need to replace?

Thanks.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there are 2 'o' rings that you must replace. they should come with a new head. be very careful not to overtighten the fuel lines. i would have to look up the torque but i would guess maybe 20 ft lbs. too much can cause damage.

tom

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the TM, for the fuel lines at the HH.

Tighten nuts (15) 23-25 lb-ft (31-34 N.m) and lower dust caps (16) over nuts (15).

davey8943

Josh,

I bought mine from McMaster Carr.

Let me find the McMasterr number and Ill post it up.

Larger size: Viton 9464K239
"230"
2 3/4 OD
2 1/2 ID
1/8 Thick

Smaller size: Viton 9464K98
"227"
2 3/8 OD
2 1/8 ID
1/8 Thick

In fact, I had to buy about 10 of each (minimum order quantity). If you want one of each, I would be happy to drop a couple in the mail.

Dave

Last edited:
If there is a place by you that rebuilds hydraulic cylinders. They can probably match the old ones.

Daniel 4:2 I thought it good to declare the signs and wonders that the Most High God has worked for me.

Josh

Josh,

I bought mine from McMaster Carr.

Let me find the McMasterr number and Ill post it up.

Larger size: Viton 9464K239
"230"
2 3/4 OD
2 1/2 ID
1/8 Thick

Smaller size: Viton 9464K98
"227"
2 3/8 OD
2 1/8 ID
1/8 Thick

In fact, I had to buy about 10 of each (minimum order quantity). If you want one of each, I would be happy to drop a couple in the mail.

Dave
Yeh I'll take a pair, let me know how much in a PM.

Josh

Oh ill still drive it, ( put over 500 miles on it last week), Just prefer to not leave 1/4-1/2 a tank of a fuel on the road every fill up.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Realy there is three O ring to a head. There is the one on the fuel control leaver that should be replaced if you can find it.

davey8943

Floridianson,

I changed that on mine after I swapped the Head O-rings and it was still making oil. I just ran down to the local hardware store and picked up the size that came closest to the (now flat) one that I pulled out.

Do you happen to have the dimensions? I would like to order a Viton ring, and would like to have one in my hands when I start to pull it apart.

Thanks,
Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks