• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic cylinder

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

319cssb

Speedwoble

It should be this one .

View attachment 857625
NO! NO! NO! I have said this before. This is not a 580D backhoe and you need to get that out of your head. This is similar to the 580E with some differences. this cylinder is one of those differences. The cylinder you posted has a length of 47.5" and a stroke of 33.87" The correct cylinder, on page 0306 of the parts manual has a length of 48.83 and a stroke of 35.12. The backhoe will not stow if you use the wrong cylinder.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried EI? They have a lot of parts that are not on their website. I've found a lot of things by calling them on the phone. Great people at EI. You can also request a quote from one of the military parts suppliers. I needed a brake part years ago for a military trailer. I received a quote for over $500.00 by e-mail for the part. I talked with them on the phone and I got it for $125.00, still too high, but I couldn't find it anywhere else. The dipper cylinder NSN should be 2590-01-241-3157 and the P/N should be G109186. As Speedwoble said, this is not a standard Case part.

I just googled "Parting Out FLU419" and got a hit on Facebook for some guy in Texas that is parting one out.l

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NO! NO! NO! I have said this before. This is not a 580D backhoe and you need to get that out of your head. This is similar to the 580E with some differences. this cylinder is one of those differences. The cylinder you posted has a length of 47.5" and a stroke of 33.87" The correct cylinder, on page 0306 of the parts manual has a length of 48.83 and a stroke of 35.12. The backhoe will not stow if you use the wrong cylinder.
Maybe you could make a thread with the correct information and have the moderators make it a sticky.

Speedwoble

Maybe you could make a thread with the correct information and have the moderators make it a sticky.
Would having a sticky with a link to the parts manual stop you from posting the wrong part? The problem is not the lack of information availability, but rather posting assumptions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would having a sticky with a link to the parts manual stop you from posting the wrong part? The problem is not the lack of information availability, but rather posting assumptions.
Actually it probably would since I search SS before going outside the site , but since the site was reformated search sucks
and during it I lost all my saved threads , I'm sure others did also .

Edit: on a side note are the boom lift cylinders different also since the drawing he showed shows the same part ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks