• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic repair Trailer TM * pics added*

RICE670

Hello all,
I am looking for a TM on the hydraulic repair trailer. TM9-4940-468-13 or Componet list 4940-95-b07. I have searched HIGH and low with now luck so far. Any help would be appreciated. Free or For sale either way. Maybe pictures will help Thanks Scott

Attachments

RICE670

RE: Looking for Hydraulic repair Trailer TM * pics adde

I will have my hands on the trailer in the pics on Thursday.Any leads on the manual would be great .

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Looking for Hydraulic repair Trailer TM * pics adde

There was a trailer at Canaveral recently. The manuals are on Logsa but require a password

RICE670

Some more pics. I picked it up today. It will bend and Flare up to 1 1/4 tube. Assemble no skive fittings. Pressure test hoses and tube up to 5000 PSI. Built in parts washer, transfer pump with bulk filtering . LOts of hand tools, super nice flow meter.There are 15 of the red tool boxes stowed on board.Very cool tool trailer. Could not be happier.

Attachments

M1031CMT

Was finally able to get it to download.

TM manual seems to be a later edition than what the others have been looking for, as it is a TM 9-4940-468-14 instead of TM 9-4940-468-13.

TM 9-4940-468-14 Operator's, organizational, direct support, and general support maintenance manual for tool outfit, Hydraulic Systems Test and Repair [HSTRU] [NSN 4940-01-036-5784].

I hope it helps others who might have been looking for it.

Remember, to download a PDF file, right click on the file and select "save as" or "save link as" or "save target as".

Attachments

Last edited:

stb64

''TM manual seems to be a later edition than what the others have been looking for, as it is a TM 9-4940-468-14 instead of TM 9-4940-468-13.''

This is how the TM numbering works:

First number is TM type
Second number is the federal supply class of the equipment the TM is for (compare this number to the NSN on the data plate).
Third number is the TM series.
The last 2 digits in the TM number are the maintenance level. Dash 13 means level 1 thru 3.
1(operator), 2(organizational), and 3(direct support).
dash 14 means level 1 thru 4(general support).

So the -14 manual you got is more detailed than the -13 manual.
There are also -10 manuals. That means level 1 (operator) and 0 (zero / nothing else), or other combinatons like -20, -24, or -45.
Dash 45 means level 4 (general support), and level 5 (depot overhaul).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone seen a later version of the HSTRU manual than the one kindly posted by M1031CMT?

I am looking for the manual for the version mounted on the M116A3 chassis. Most of the information is likely the same, but I'd like to see the book for the actual version I have. :)
I imagine it would have to be dated later than 1996, since that seems to be the date of manufacture for most of the A3 HSTRU's I've seen. I have failed to locate it so far through my usual sources.

Also, if anyone can point me toward one of the rear support legs (goes on back right corner), I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm checking LOGSA/ETMs right now.

Sorry, it's still classified as Disto Statement C, if a .mil/.civ/ctr email can be provided I will email it to you.

it is TM 9-4940-468-13, dated 1995

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hydraulic repair is classified?? :) Never have figured that system out!

No, I'm retired now, and its for personal use, so no classified manuals for me. I appreciate it though.

Cheers

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, sorry, the other manual number you can't read in my pic, even though I tried is TM 9-4910-784-13&P
OPERATOR AND FIELD MAINTENANCE MANUAL FOR HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS TEST AND REPAIR UNIT (HSTRU) NSN 4910-01-5 39-8440 (EIC: HST)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bikeman, I see that the NSN is different for that HSTRU than mine. My NSN is 4910-01-386-2021.

If you have a chance, could you see if there is another manual for that, that is perhaps not classified? I appreciate your time spent already.

It was nice when we could access LOGSA ourselves for these. We used to be able to get in and look, and if the manuals were not classified, we could open/download them. I understand the security risks that led to closing that door, but it sure was a great resource.

Cheers

Edit - as of today, I find I CAN access LOGSA again.
Unfortunately, some of the manuals for the ADC-TSS-5 are still classified. Rats!

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M813CR, sorry, that NIIN is not producing any TMs for me in ETMs.

I've even just searched for HSTRU, and don't get anything besides DIS Code of "C" or "CNF" (2011, 2010 and 1995) but none are your NSN. Not sure what the deal is. Any chance yours is USMC?

I even searched for Hydraulic and couldn't find anything other than I've already seen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks