• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got a m1009

Mudstone

Well i finally did it... purchased today and is now sitting in my driveway. I have a question... how hot should the engine bay be? and i think i may need a thermostat anyone know where to get one NAPA? and what the part number is?

Runs like a top no real rust just a couple spots inside over the rear tires. I can fix that with a piece of sheet and a little welding. Passenger door is dented i'm going to try to bang it out and the inner door panel is off... but i have it. So a few lil projects. other than that my truck is a blast.

Thanks all you guys for everything i'll def be in touch!

Attachments

Mudstone

john i found it in waterbury ct... starts runs great and its pretty solid... i got some work to do on it but it's def a daily driver... gonna go change the oil in the dark right now :) Also anyone have a part for the left side alternator belt... i got the alternator fan belt from autozone for the k30 j code motor... haven't checked to see if it fits yet.

Mudstone

thanks gents... changed the oil... added some lucas... and got a new air filter tonight. oil change so easy :) tomorrow i'm swapping the thermostat any other stuff i should do?

motorhead63b

Well i finally did it... purchased today and is now sitting in my driveway. I have a question... how hot should the engine bay be? and i think i may need a thermostat anyone know where to get one NAPA? and what the part number is?

Runs like a top no real rust just a couple spots inside over the rear tires. I can fix that with a piece of sheet and a little welding. Passenger door is dented i'm going to try to bang it out and the inner door panel is off... but i have it. So a few lil projects. other than that my truck is a blast.

Thanks all you guys for everything i'll def be in touch!
your truck should be running inbetween 200 and 220 and yes your engine bay will be hot but it is normal good looking truck btw

Mudstone

i know about the wheels i've only owned it for a day i'll get on it when i get home from work tonight probably with pics to follow. I grabbed a stock thermostat from autozone 7$ god i love how cheap these parts are. Also i need a tailgate crank. mine crumbled in my hands last night... LMT has one for 40$ new. i'd like a used one. i'm so glad i'm just just a lurker on these boards anymore lol

Mudstone

i will check and let you guys know in a few hours... gonna go change my buddy's thermo on his civy suburban 1988... we have matching trucks kinda... g/f says it's cute in the driveway. he lives upstairs

Mudstone

part number on the thermostat is autozone 15478. will be doing it this weekend. AS WELL AS PAINTING MY RIMS FLAT BLACK. Any idea where i can get the little rubber plug on the side of the rear cap? i'm missing one. I nee to put the 4 bolts on the right side as well. Gonna pull out the passenger door dent this weekend too. So many aspirations for the weekend. probably only get 1 thing done lol. I love this **** truck!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks