• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I had my MEP-004A load tested!

tcruwithme

I brought my MEP-004A up to Twin Cities Generator in St. Paul, Minnesota to get it load tested this week. I asked them to give the unit a thorough workout and to closely inspect it for any issues.

They tested it for a little over an hour at 60hz and with almost 6,000 watts through each of the three phases. Here are a couple pictures they sent me:

GenTest1.jpg GenTest2.jpg

Here's what they had to say about the results: "Water temp held steady at 162 degrees throughout testing, and the oil pressure held steady at 58 PSI. No faults indicated, no obvious leaks, no excessive exhaust smoke, no abnormal noises, excellent performing generator."

That was a relief for me to hear, as I put two new 6TL batteries in it and three different relays. My plan is to sell this unit, as it's more than I need. I think I want to move into an MEP-803A, as it is much lighter but still has good output. I also have a military spider box that will work with the 10kWh output of the 803A, but it will not work with the 15kWh output of the 004A.

I absolutely love this generator, but I need to get something I can move into and out of the back of my M35A2. If I can't sell it at a break-even price, I'll put more time into it with rust removal and painting. This thing is a beast, and I'm glad I got a chance to work on it. As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

~ Thad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks