• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hope this Panther finds it's way to a museum......

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Makes you wonder why it took so long for the powers that be to act.
From reading other articles about this it seems that this was no big secret since many people knew about his collection and at one time he used the tank to clear snow during a blizzard.
My thought is that he either made someone mad or some other collector or museum wants the items.

saddamsnightmare

July 13th, 2015.

Folks, this is Germany! I suspect that because the equipment was in his cellar, he probably did not have a bill of sale for it, or the demil codes have changed. Legally speaking, without a bill of sale from the legitimate owner of that equipment (which was, ipso facto, an illegal state terminated by military action at the end of WWII), the man probably had no provable right to possess said equipment.

Further, after WWII, such equipment was divided up by the victorious states and then either scrapped, displayed, or they used or sold it. Again, without a legitimate bill of sale, this equipment is most probably German property illegally sequestered.

One can hope that it does indeed go to some legitimate historical organization, like the Bundeswehr museum, but it is doubtful that any other legitimate museum sicced the government on the man, more likely he tee'd off the neighbors, and they did the job for him.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that somebody else is not out to take you or your collection down......:???:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The story seems to be a bit more complicated. Some months ago thanks to Dutch investigators later assisted with the German federal police a lot of both Nazi looted art and art that was ordered by Nazi's or made by Nazi artists and had disappeared after the war (like Hitler's bronze horses) was grabbed. This guy came into the picture as part of that investigation so they raided his house. For them, but not the locals, the tank came as a surprise. Looking for a small painting or sculpture and hitting your toe on a tank while doing so can make your jaw drop a bit I suppose. Where are the paint.......wtf :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/panorama/nobelviertel-bei-kiel-alter-mann-hortet-panzer-in-seiner-villa-1.2547493

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks