• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I should've saved this! :-/

MilitaryRestoration

I couldn't believe what I saw in the scrap pile when we took our scrap metal and unloading....! Was brand new... had 176 hours on a brand new engine...not rebuild and everything still on it, alternator belts, turbo, exhaust, etc etc ahhh what was i thinking! They said I could've bought it for .70 cents a lb. Figuring the motor is at most 1500 * .70 =$1050.00 if anyone is interested or i change my mind it may possibly still be there in the morning

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: RE: I should

If they are only wanting scrap prices, take something heavy-er and trade. Man, thats a brand new motor. Wish I were closer.

MilitaryRestoration

good idea but nothing to take down to scrap... definitely not going to drive a deuce down there :) if no one wants it guess it'll find its way to china as I have to save money for the bridgetruck and possibly hummer project coming

scooter01922

I would bet its not over 1000 lbs, and if it is not by much. If your looking for cash for other projects you could certainly make your cash back on that purchase, have you seen what one of those sells for???? Can't believe they tossed that in the scrap heap :cookoo:

gun512

It's a 5.9 6bt industrial motor. Not sure about the HP rating but looks like a 1st Gen pump, most likely 160hp pump. But of course they are easy to turn up. When i bought my 6bt fully dressed it weighed in at 1035lbs on a pallet. You are probably looking around atleast 1400lbs with the Gen set-up. Just a guess though.

gun512

Also if you are looking to buy it for resale, unless you sell it to a person that is looking to put it in heavy equipment you will most likely not get close to what you would with a regular dodge 6bt. I had a buddy that listed a industrial 6bt 4 times on ebay before it sold and he only got like 1,200 for it. While a junk dodge 1 ton 6bt just used for a core was getting around $900. Not trying to be negative, just they don't bring as much as the dodge 6bt's do. But all in all, they are easy to turn up and make big HP.

scooter01922

If you can still get that thing grab it and send it my way, all joking aside, if its still there i'll take it. Have a friend who will pay for that no questions asked.

scooter01922

well, i will choose to believe that it went to a good new owner rather than melted to make crappy chinese toasters.. IF you find another by chance keep me in mind :)

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

All the cash in my wallet would have been pulled out and the closest ATM would have provided the rest. That motor would be a great one to use for a stand by home/business power supply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks