• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think these are home made....

springer1981

I have a set on my M1123….just another flavor of hmmwv parts
I cut off the flared up lip so i could use them as normal doors.
The welded square on the inside seems way too excessive for the door considering the way most of the ones I've seen are made. The rest of the door structure isn't particularly stronger that would require that amount of reinforcement. That made me question if they weren't home made. BUT if you have a set just like them, must not be home made!

I do like the reinforcement brackets on the door frame, I might look into adding something similar to mine.

Thanks for the info.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
those are the doors that go with the BEOD (Body, Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
The lip on top is to mate up with the front roll down doors on the BEOD

Considering the BEOD does carry explosives in it, it's designed to lock, so some reinforcement would be expected.
Doesn't look like it had a hazmat placard installed on it, so it might instead have been from a contact maintenance truck (SECM), which is manufactured by the same company as the BEOD is

cb99d7fa3059216a74a5481089091c89a1cb5b09-2-1.jpg

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the ebay link.

I'm sure the price they are asking seems reasonable with the price of hard doors, but for comparison sake when I bought my BEOD it came with those doors and the camouflage storage rack on top of the cab (that also sells by itself in the $1000 price range)

A local buddy just bought a BEOD that had the doors and the camouflage rack included a couple months ago

We both paid about the same amount as the seller is asking for just the doors, but ebay seller is including shipping which is a couple hundred for something like that, whereas the BEODs were all (relatively) local.

If you are looking for half doors though, they're pretty solid, but they aren't designed to be able to be opened from the inside of the vehicle. Not really an issue if using them as half doors.

Mine didn't come with the door strikers, but it looks like they use the soft door type wire striker. I just cut and ground a piece of angle iron into the correct shape for it to work as a cheap solution.

springer1981

I looked at the ebay link.

I'm sure the price they are asking seems reasonable with the price of hard doors, but for comparison sake when I bought my BEOD it came with those doors and the camouflage storage rack on top of the cab (that also sells by itself in the $1000 price range)

A local buddy just bought a BEOD that had the doors and the camouflage rack included a couple months ago

We both paid about the same amount as the seller is asking for just the doors, but ebay seller is including shipping which is a couple hundred for something like that, whereas the BEODs were all (relatively) local.

If you are looking for half doors though, they're pretty solid, but they aren't designed to be able to be opened from the inside of the vehicle. Not really an issue if using them as half doors.

Mine didn't come with the door strikers, but it looks like they use the soft door type wire striker. I just cut and ground a piece of angle iron into the correct shape for it to work as a cheap solution.
Just a FYI, I just happened upon them and noticed they were different than the one's I have. Neither set, these or mine, are Man doors and are intended as cargo doors. I've seen sets like mine in the $5-600 range recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks