• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I would think MEP-80x parts are coming

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
I would expect in the next 6 months that a lot of parts units will be available.

This will make it easier when you need a door, or a panel cover, or other odd ball items which you can not find.

Parts units are great for those pieces.

The AMMPS deployment is in full swing. The 1st generation and 2nd generation generators are going to be moved along. :)

Guyfang

Staff member
But it never comes as a wave of replacement machines. Units get new issued gear on a priority basis. It's never done all at once. They don't move in to Ft Bragg, for instance, and simply replace every gen set on post. You could have two like units, on the same street, and one gets its new gear, and the other not. It's all about priority. AMMPS is not new. And a long way from being completely issued. The last time I was in Graf, one unit I always look at, had a few AMMPS, but mostly TQG's. In Fact, the TQG's in Graf, way outnumber the AMMPS.

The longer it takes to replace the gen set fleet, the worse condition the generators for sale will be in. We NEVER spent a dime on gen sets due to be replaced. In fact, there is a document called the MEL. Maintenance Expenditure Limit. That document tells a unit how much money that can be spent on a gen set for repair, or code it out, (turn it in because it's not Economically Repairable). Some commanders use this to "accelerate" the replacement of outdated/old equipment.

Just about the time I stopped working as a contractor, the MEL for the DOD sets, ( from MEP-002A to MEP-007A was $00.00. There were still lots of DOD set around, and the Government wanted to speed up replacement. So we were tasked to TI, (technically inspect) all DOD gen sets. Write up EVERY fault and shortcoming. Naturally, any fault considered a dead lining fault, pushed the gen set into the "Non Economically Repairable category. If the units priority was high enough, it got new equipment.

dav5

The double stacked 803A's are starting to show up on GL. They are definitely parts machines. Pretty rough looking and grouped in 2's and 3's.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The double stacked 803A's are starting to show up on GL. They are definitely parts machines. Pretty rough looking and grouped in 2's and 3's.
Howdy,
Yep, that is what I call parts units coming to the public.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks