• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify This Trailer?

tstone

Anyone recognize this mobile kitchen type trailer? It appears to be a Soviet Block unit as everything on the data tag is spelled in syllables. It looks like there are 2 gas burners set in the body for the heat source. I have a chance on acquiring it but I don't know anything about it or what it may be worth.
Any information on this trailer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

View attachment MKT 03.pdfView attachment MKT 04.pdfView attachment MKT 05.pdfView attachment MKT 06.pdfView attachment MKT 07.pdfView attachment MKT 08.pdfView attachment MKT 01.pdfView attachment MKT 02.pdf

1800 Diesel

Tom,

Just curious if you were planning to restore this rig or just salvage parts off of it? If you figured on a restoration, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that you would not be able to recover your costs for labor & material spent trying to get the unit functional. Looking at the condition, I see several hundred man-hours of work plus additional man-hours searching for hard-to-find parts, not to mention the cost of any parts you could actually locate.

If you want to just salvage parts that's another story. I would say a generous offer (assuming this exceeds actual scrap value) would be $50 and not to exceed $100 if you just "had to have it".... I don't have a handle on the collector market for Soviet hardware, but I don't expect that would be a high-value piece in the US.

Kevin

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think it's for cooking something other than food.

Go for it if I was closer i would be all over it, burns gas and wood. It's old school non OSHA so may have a little asbestos here and there.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited:

61sleepercab

Is it true that the rounded fenders on the trailer date it back to WWII service or Korean ? You would have the only one in the neighborhood I bet. I figure lead paint so be careful and protect your self if you scrape, sandblast, or otherwise remove the old paint. I would suggest a big drop cloth, masks, goggles and seal paint chips and drop cloth in a paint bucket and lawfully dispose of it the best you can. Do not stuff with paper ignite and put on neighbor's porch and ring door bell.

tstone

Guys, thanks for all of your posts. I was interested in the trailer it because of its uniqueness. If any of you have been to the rally at Aberdeen over the last several years there has been a group of German re-enactors that displayed and used a WWII MKT unit over the weekend of the show; I can't remember for sure but I think that they were out of Canada. Their unit was powered by wood and was set up like a double boiler that protected the food from burning; there are probably some pictures of it on the MVPA Washington Area Collectors - Blue and Grey Military Vehicle Trust site. This unit that I found is the closest thing to it that I have seen; I'll check it out and let you know what I find when I see it in person.

Thanks,
Tom

SteveKuhn

I'm sure that the German re-enactors would be happy to have 2 when you get this one done. A prize taken from the Russians on the way to Stalingrad . . .

If you Google the term above and click images, you'll see lots of them including the double boiler. The 1st one I came across like that was labeled Russian.

I think it's cool. Buy it cheap, invest much expensive time, and have a real conversation starter.

Steve

Tascabe

As mentioned above it is a KP-125M field kitchen trailer.

Copy this into google to find a lot of pictures and pages that you can then use google translate to read кп-125м

here is one that has pics and specs.

http://russianarms.mybb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=431

That one looks pretty roached but also Soviet field kitchens rarely make it to the US - most you do see in use for WW2 are the czech pk-25.

PeterD

I have a number of Russian friends, if you wish I can ask them. But I agree, it may be a lost cause--it's in really rough shape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks