• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you buy an armored MTVR...

MTVR

...they don't bolt the seats or seatbelts down properly when they remove the armor prior to sending them to auction.

We found our driver's seat loosely (and I mean LOOSELY) bolted down with only two of the apparently four mounting bolts. The other two were missing.

The female halves of our two passenger seatbelts, were not bolted down at all.

And out of the 19 original mounting bolts, our double passenger seat had only ONE bolt holding it in, and a couple of other incorrecrtly-sized bolts just sitting in a few other holes. There was even a broken-off tap jammed crossways in one hole. And it was installed at a forward-leaning tilt, because the rear rail of the seat mounts to a raised flange that is part of the cab, and the rest of the seat is supposed to rest on armor that isn't there anymore.

Today, my wife and I removed all the mismatched and incorrectly-installed bolts, moved the passenger seat forward enough to reach the mounting points for the female halves of the two passenger seatbelts, bolted those seatbelt components to their mounts with grade-8 hardware, and then installed all 19 mounting bolts with Nylock nuts, and used large nuts used as spacers to make up for the missing armor.20200427_184946.jpg

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
So on my unarmored mtvr, there isn’t anything between the passenger seat. From the factor it sits slap down on the floor, basically yours but without the nut in the middle.

Seat belts? Who uses them anyways rIgHt??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTVR

The seat bolts down to a rail along the back edge, that is part of the cab. The passenger seats for the armored MTVR are shorter on the other three sides, so that they sit flat on the armor. Once the armor is removed, the seat won't sit flat anymore- it rests on the rear rail, and then tilts forward until the front rail touches down.

MTVR

I suspect that the MK23A1 (the Ready To Accept Armor version) comes with the same passenger seat box as my AMK23 (which was born with armor), and that the MK23A1 leaves the factory with some kind of spacer rails underneath the passenger seat, which are discarded if/when armor is installed. So the only time we'd ever see those spacer rails in the wild, would be on a MK23A1 that never received armor.

MTVR

My seat air switch came today, so once I was able to air the seat up, I removed the only two bolts holding the driver's seat in. They were incorrectly sized, installed wrong-side up, and the threads bottomed out before the seat was even held down. Then I mounted the seat properly, by installing four correctly-sized bolts with washers and Nylock nuts, right-side up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks