• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois - Rally?

dlieber

Are there any clubs in Illinois?

Does anyone have anything to say about a 2009 Red River M925?

I would love to hear your thoughts since I just bought one on a wild hair.

I am gambling that when my EUC comes in I will just drive to Indianapolis pick it up and drive home...I will call my country companies guy to get insurance - but I am sure I am missing something....to excited to see it coming though.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Show up at Haspin. If this is your first EUC item, you might have to drive your DD to the rally though.

saddamsnightmare

May 4th, 2012.

Howdy, dlieber!

Hope you make it back in one piece from Indianapolis, but I would check the truck with a fine tooth comb as GL rarely represents the trucks as being in the actual shape they say they are...generally there are a lot of surprises!:shock: However, as the sole Unimog S owner in Springfield, I wish you well and it'll be worth seeing another MV here!:beer:

BillIdaho

When I go back to visit family near Peoria, over the years I have discovered I have more MV's in my yard than their entire county, and probably including the surrounding counties as well. I asked my brother in Metamora, he said no clubs that he has ever heard of around there. (Oddly enough, a fellow Steel Soldier member lives literally darn-near right next door to my niece near Metamora!)

rwbrown72

I'm down in Mt. Vernon, IL. There are several MV guys around here. Let us know how it all turns out. I just came back through Indy a week ago. Went to a rally and show over there. Big fun and lots of Diesel!

:beer:

ilrcparty

I am looking , but it will have to be close to home . With the cost of fuel and the time to go get one I prefer to buy one very close to home .
If youre looking I just saw a deuce with a dump bed on it off of farmington road in Peoria, not sure of the price but should be getting info here soon

Mark
Also heard about on near hanna city illinois

flyxpl

If youre looking I just saw a deuce with a dump bed on it off of farmington road in Peoria, not sure of the price but should be getting info here soon

Mark
Also heard about on near hanna city illinois
I already have a few 2.5 tons . Would consider another if the price was right , but if I got another truck it would probally be a 5 ton tractor .

wtmf

I just bought my first deuce and my insurance agent of 30 years tells me that Progressive will NOT insure it at any cost, no tickets or accidents. How does anyone one on this thread that drives one insure their truck?

bobr2004

hey there dlieber :) You ought to form an Illinois club, put an ad or two in state wide Wheels and Deals and host a meet in Springfield. You're really blessed with a mighty bad ass truck :beer:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought my first deuce and my insurance agent of 30 years tells me that Progressive will NOT insure it at any cost, no tickets or accidents. How does anyone one on this thread that drives one insure their truck?

At the risk of taking this the wrong way search will bring up lots of threads on insurance. It is one of the most (or least, the way I look at it) popular subjects.

ilrcparty

Wings and wheels in pekin tomorrow. My duece wiull be there how many more are road ready???? lets get some more @ the show
Wings and wheels @ PEKIN MUNICIPAL AIRPORT small community airport . free to add youre MV to the show . breakfast an lunch is available there , the show starts @ 8 am

and I second the vote for an Illinois club, Glasford Illinois has two parades I would love to have more vehicles to ride with me, next one is veterans DaY parade.. lets start somthing up guys:grd:

xtsix

has anyone taken an mv to the badlands in attica indiana? most of the trails should handle at least a deuce, or a 5 ton for that matter, it is fairly centralized to most of us in illinois, and to those in indiana. would be a great place for a rally for those who dont want to go all the way to haspin.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
has anyone taken an mv to the badlands in attica indiana? most of the trails should handle at least a deuce, or a 5 ton for that matter, it is fairly centralized to most of us in illinois, and to those in indiana. would be a great place for a rally for those who dont want to go all the way to haspin.
I have been thinking out putting together a small trip out to the bad lands to see if the trails could handle the trucks, its something the indy platoon has been talking about to help even up some of the travel time for the IL crew. we are thinking maybe a late sept or early nov trip a run out there saturday morning come home saturday night. its about a two to three hour run out there for us with a couple rest and stretch stops but would be wurth the trip out there. I'll make the trip if I can get anther five ton out there for me or two deuce. In case I get stuck.

xtsix

Im a definite yes for a run at the badlands. Im about 2 or so hours away also should have my winch squared away by then also.
[thumbzup]

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last time I was at the Badlands they only allowed short wheelbase vehicles like Jeeps and no buggies or pickup trucks but it has been a couple years since I've been there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks