• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm still around - checking into something....

Deuce-bigalo

Ok, well y'all I am stll alive and kicking - I might have found a better alternative for myself (and SS Members if possible, waiting to talk to the guy about my 'friends') than going to GL. I am currently awaiting information on from an individual. Details will soon follow though, but I may have found somewhere that I can bypass the GL stuff and buy direct. :freaked: (WOOHOO!!) I will keep you posted because if this works out I might be getting two 2.5's or 5 t's for the GL price of one. I am not sure if they direct auction parts and supplys or if they are selling only whole vehicles, but as I said I will let you know. Just discovered an insider who used to run auctions for the straight government surplus.

I'll let you know what I find out..... [thumbzup]

Howdy all BTW!!

John

Deuce-bigalo

It was one of the locations in Cali from what I understood- I am not positive. Thanks for the support and you know, as soon as I find out then I will let you know. I am not sure if I have to get approved to bid at the direct auctions or what. Any Who - Thanks for the support guys!! If possible to have several of us goto these that would be great (as long as we don't start bidding against each other!! HAHAHA)

John

P.S. - for those of you who know I posted about the possible move - right now the plans have been put on hold due to my mother in laws health. I wouldn't pull my gal away from her mom. Her mom has had 2 strokes in the past two years and we don't know how well her health will hold for the next year or so. SO - money used for moving will hopefully go back to fund the deuce purchase!! HEHE WOOHOO - sorry, I was bummed about not moving - FT. Campbell, TN looked like they had some good trucks. But I am here for the family for the time being.....

Deuce-bigalo

Welp guys, the two sites I have been given so far from this contact are the following:

http://www.governmentauctions.org

http://www.nationwideauction.com

I checked them out, you have to pay a $39.95 fee on the first one to become a member. The second I didn't see any fee required. I am going to wait to pay the $40 until I see something come up for auction I would be interested in. I just thought I would pass them along if anyone else was interested!! If you already knew about them then sorry for repeating the information!

John [thumbzup]

n3uka

Checked both out. Don't trust the one that asks for payment. Most of the information
is available for free from the govt. Just have to find it. The nationwide one doesn't seem
to have good pricing but i signed up to keep an eye on it. There is one location about 60 miles
from me.
Keep up the great work. We will find good deals yet. :hop: