• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana M915A3 recovery

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm in Indiana tonight (4/15/2014) getting ready to recover two M915A3's for a customer of mine. He set up his own account and now I assist him with recovering stuff he bought.
In case you haven't noticed winter is having it's last hurrah and it's supposed to be below freezing here at Camp Atterbury, IN tomorrow morning.
We came across Monteagle Mountain in Tennessee on the way up here this morning and it was snowing up there to the point that snow was sticking to roofs along the interstate.
We did a recon and found were the trucks are stored and we will meet up with the GL rep in the morning and get the trucks.
Someone do me a favor and keep Murphy busy.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
IMG_5234.jpgIMG_5231.jpgWe made it back OK. Other than being beaten unmercifully by the buggered up Kentucky stretch of I-65. We had some leakage on both trucks but nothing we couldn't overcome. This was the first time I have driven the Freightliner cabbed M915 and it's a definite improvement over the others but still somewhat Spartan. The weather was great, chilly this morning but real nice this afternoon. What a difference a day makes.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
That looks like a M915A2, not an A3?
Unless I'm mistaken, and I may well be, the original M915 had the old body style, a 400 Cummins, 16 speed CAT semi-automatic transmission and fixed 5th wheel, the A2 had the old body style, 400 Cummins, 5 speed Allison automatic and a sliding 5th wheel, the A3 has the Freightliner cab, a 60 series Detroit Diesel engine and Allison automatic. But again, maybe I have my wires crossed.

ReoRider

That looks like a M915A2, not an A3?
Yup, without the later bumper and collision warning system it does looks like an A2, not an A3. The M915A1 was still the AM General version, with a Cummins, but with an Allison. The A2 was the first Freightliner, Detroit 60 version. The A4 is the strange glider kit version with the Cummins used with a later Freightliner cab.

You know what- they are all great!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks