• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on MV850

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have recently acquired a Polaris MV850. It's a beast of a machine! This one is in good condition and just needs a few items to make it "complete." The factory winch is missing, which I know is a Warn 3000 or 3500lb winch. Does anyone happen to have decent pics showing the winch mounting in the front? I want to replace the winch but I need to make sure I have everything I need. I am also looking for the front roll bar thing, and a set of the military ITP beadlock wheels.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have recently acquired a Polaris MV850. It's a beast of a machine! This one is in good condition and just needs a few items to make it "complete." The factory winch is missing, which I know is a Warn 3000 or 3500lb winch. Does anyone happen to have decent pics showing the winch mounting in the front? I want to replace the winch but I need to make sure I have everything I need. I am also looking for the front roll bar thing, and a set of the military ITP beadlock wheels.
You mentioned Polaris.
Have you searched around about Polaris and Recall to make sure you don't have a problem where your steering wheel "becomes disengaged"?

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mentioned Polaris.
Have you searched around about Polaris and Recall to make sure you don't have a problem where your steering wheel "becomes disengaged"?
EDIT: Googled this and it seems to be for 2020-2022 RZR and General models, certain ones, related to the steering wheel spokes cracking. So the MV850 should not be included in the recall.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
EDIT: Googled this and it seems to be for 2020-2022 RZR and General models, certain ones, related to the steering wheel spokes cracking. So the MV850 should not be included in the recall.
Good Deal!
Happy to hear it.
Figured it was definitely worth mentioning.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The early 850 engine have trouble with the time chain which destroys the engine,
Well that was an interesting 22 page thread to read. There were one or two I think that showed the problem at higher accumulated miles, but it seems that most of them had the issue within the first 200 hours or so. This one has a tad under 1600 miles on it. It idles and runs great so far. Fingers crossed!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a bit more research and plugged the VIN into the Polaris VIN Search. This one is listed as a 2014 model, manufactured in Oct of 2013. Someone else had posted indicating that they start the next year model builds in July. The issue was addressed for the 2014 model year as well from what I read. So with all of that being said I am hopeful that mine does not have the potential issue. It runs great so far with nearly 300 hrs and 1600 miles on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks