• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector return lines

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just a heads up guys, I ordered the Dorman 904-101 kit to replace the lines on my Blazer and this is what came in the box.

DSC00103.jpg

I'm not going to bother putting them on. . .

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a good sign, but is a sign of the times.

Seems like some guys are using weed eater fuel line.. I'll see if I can find it.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
..... I'm not going to bother putting them on. . .
Why? ... just because it says China? At least they don't hide the fact... You can always wipe that word off with a rag and paint thinner.
I would try them out; they are not that difficult to replace if necessary... or send them my way and I will gladly tell you results in a few years...:wink:

G.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Why? ... just because it says China? At least they don't hide the fact... You can always wipe that word off with a rag and paint thinner.
I would try them out; they are not that difficult to replace if necessary... or send them my way and I will gladly tell you results in a few years...:wink:

G.
G, it's just I've had bad experiences with Chinese/cheap rubber, New Star etc. . . .
Nick and I rebuilt the front axle on his Deuce, and within 18 months the boots were in pieces. . .

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know, I know... I also hate cheap quality products, no matter where they are made. But I have also learned that not everything coming from "there" is junk. That's why in THIS case I said give it a try...

G.

dependable

I used to get OEM return lines from GM, lasted better than auto parts store stuff. There is probably some NOS of that out there somewhere. These days I use the same return line I get for Mercedes 616 or 617s on the 6.2s. These seem to be better quality than OEM GM. Pelican Parts and Mercedessource are a couple of places that have this line.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey dependable, Which return line kit on Mercedessource did you get for your 6.2?
I noted that they said that the braided lines would eventually rot and leak. Any
thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Bruce

dependable

I think the stuff I am using now came from Pelican. I bought a length of bulk return line I have used for both Chevys and Mercedes. Says 'METLE GERMANY TYP B' on it, black cloth braid over rubber. Have seen some tan stuff that looks pretty good too. Don't know about long term, but stuff has held up for a few years and seems pretty substantial. Have used Mercedessource for a lot of other parts and assume their quality would be good because they do pretty good product research.

scottladdy

Like Phil I have the German made one's and love them. No tiny little clips. No leaks. No worries. I got mine from Badger Diesel, who also makes them available on a popular auction web site. Sends you a length you trim to fit, plus two of the end caps.

Brett09

G.
haha, like you need paint thinner. I'm sure the paint will just flake off. rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks