• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector tester setup, fittings and initial testing

martinv

While working on another repair, I decided to test my injectors and discovered half of them were not performing well, yet the vehicle had been running fairly well. Started easy in warm weather, not great in cold weather.

Video showing my fittings setup to work with a cheap ebay tester and initial testing:

deathrowdave

Great video , only issue I see is the 1/4 NPT brass coupling . It’s not rated for the pressure your applying to it . The small diameter is what is keeping it intact I suppose . Where is the pump from ? that’s a cool piece of equipment . I have used a port a power type pump in the past . Thanks again for the video , be safe

martinv

Great video , only issue I see is the 1/4 NPT brass coupling . It’s not rated for the pressure your applying to it . The small diameter is what is keeping it intact I suppose . Where is the pump from ? that’s a cool piece of equipment . I have used a port a power type pump in the past . Thanks again for the video , be safe
Thanks for the reply and info. I had no luck finding non-brass fittings so took the chance. I wore a full face shield for the initial testing. The tester is a very common, below $100, just search for 'diesel injector tester'. Surprisingly the main body of the tester is plastic, but it still works for now.

dReed39

Sounds like the brass coupling is the issue on buddy's new M35A2 project. We'll just finish installing the suspension and rockstar wheels on the truck this week before we can take a closer look at it.

martinv

Engine is up and running again.
I'm more surprised how well it ran with poorly functioning injectors than how it is running now.
It is at least as good now, but there is no obvious improvement.
This video shows the exhaust around 4:40 and it is very clean:

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good!
Oil flow appeared to be lacking to 2 of the rockers, but after inspection found no reason for this, it was re-installed and after a time the oil flow did show up to those rockers. Is this common for delayed oil to some rockers?
I know the oil flow isn't as enthusiastic as you would think it should be. Mine flows about the same.
But apparently the rockers don't need much oil, because when I had my heads off, I found out that mine had had NO oil flow since the military had last overhauled the engine! There was no plug in the end of the rear rocker tube, which meant no oil flow! They had some wear but still adjusted to spec.

martinv

Looking good!

I know the oil flow isn't as enthusiastic as you would think it should be. Mine flows about the same.
But apparently the rockers don't need much oil, because when I had my heads off, I found out that mine had had NO oil flow since the military had last overhauled the engine! There was no plug in the end of the rear rocker tube, which meant no oil flow! They had some wear but still adjusted to spec.
Thanks for that info. Good to know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks