• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

input pinnion seal replacement

212sparky

I am currently trying to get the pinnion seal out of the housing. what is the trick? do i just drive it out with a BFH? I have searched and looked the TM's and did not see any thing. Thanks for the advice guys!!

jerseyjeep2003

I am getting ready to do the same thing on my front rear. The U joint went bad and the vibration loosened up my pinion bearings. I am replacing bearings and seals at both flanges. Let me know how you make out. I will be starting my tear down next week sometime.

Hottrodd789

Snap on ha sa seal puller that did the trick kinda like a little hook u putin and a flat tab to hit with a hammer had it out in two hits

212sparky

I ended using a big punch to knock it out. then a block of wood to tap it in. I also put the seal in the freezer for a few hours and it went in easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks