• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Installing Injection Pump and Water Pump same time?

Bighorn

From what I can tell the major difficulty of replacing the injection pump on the 6.2 is getting at the timing gear bolts through the oil fill tube.
So since my radiator was shot from corrosion I have ordered a Delco water pump as well.
I am thinking that while I have the water pump out that exposes the timing gear and those injection pump bolts.
Is that true?
Doesn't that timing plate have to come off with the water pump?
If so it might make my job a lot easier to do the water pump and injection pump simultaneously.

By the way; Miller Fab got my radiator in but it was Plastic and aluminum.
So Scott at Miller said; "That ain't good enough."
He found me a Brass and copper radiator in Oklahoma City and is having that shipped out.
Not cheap at nearly $500 but a lot more durable.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks