• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing new pressure plate in need of torque specs for the bolts

digitaldust

installing new pressure plate in need of torque specs for the bolts

I have maybe missed it in the TM
but I could really use this info for re-installing the trans ,
2nd run at this after trashing 2 plates and throwout bearings

Also I have a new throwout bearing. but the grease is kinda hard and does not allow free smooth rolling , should i drill into the bearing and use like a chainsaw bar grease tool to inject new grease?

ThX guys

ah1955

I'm don't know these type clutches, but I would go by the size of the bolt, both dim. and grade if you can see on the head. You can find a standard torque chart on line and use that as a guide, would not be going too tight that would worry about snapping any, yet should be tight. I always use thread lock on all the bolt in the flywheel, clutch area.
AS far as trying to grease the throw out bearing, I don't know if that would help or are you just going to make a problem?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's one of the TM pages that covers that.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks