• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NV Insurance in NV

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m being told by progressive that it will need to be a commercial policy. I’m waiting for more information on a quote.
Don't think that the commercial policy means that you have to be "tagged commercial". It seems to be a common thing with insurance companies and larger trucks to be on a commercial policy.

DEFINITELY SHOP AROUND. Your personal vehicle insurer could be your guy. On the other hand, if you get another provider for your truck - don't hesitate to ask if adding your car to the policy would lower your cost.

NVDiveguy

Don't think that the commercial policy means that you have to be "tagged commercial". It seems to be a common thing with insurance companies and larger trucks to be on a commercial policy.

DEFINITELY SHOP AROUND. Your personal vehicle insurer could be your guy. On the other hand, if you get another provider for your truck - don't hesitate to ask if adding your car to the policy would lower your cost.
Absolutely, I don’t mind shopping insurance now and then.

NVDiveguy

After talking to Hagerty they are not interested at all in insuring my M1078 LMTV. Frankly they were snobbish in their responses to me

After speaking to USAA they are telling me that ANYTHING over 14,000 (including some F350 & F450) vehicles they will not insure!

I am truly looking to find ANY insurance company that will insure these!

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After talking to Hagerty they are not interested at all in insuring my M1078 LMTV. Frankly they were snobbish in their responses to me
That's weird, I had no problem insuring my M813 with them.
It didn't need to be stored inside and they were really friendly.
Included free membership in their classic car club, which came with 100 miles free towing.
They only asked the mileage, engine hours, years I've been driving, that it wasn't my daily driver and that I wasn't hauling or towing with it. I limited myself to 2500 miles per year and the cost was about $205.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got progressive (in Minnesota). I put down the price I paid for the vehicle for the value on mine. They said I could up it, but if I went over $20k, they would likely need/require an appraisal since they don't have any tables for this vehicle. (Note, I've only got no-fault insurance, not comprehensive.. that would require an appraisal for any value.)

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had to provide a bill of sale to them. I'm changing insurance once I find a location to store my HMMWV indoors.
In Minnesota the price is recorded in the public record as part of the title transfer, so I'm sure they verified what I told them. But ya, that seems to be the way they are handling most of the initial pricing is based on what someone paid for the vehicle.

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What value did you place on the vehicle if you don't mind me asking. I'm with Progressive also (for now) and they're killing me. I have a 2007 HMMWV M1151
$5000, in Massachusetts with Hagerty. Essentially it's what I bought it for. In fact they automatically renewed my policy last week, $205.
It's not my daily driver, I store it in a tent and I've limited myself to 2500 miles/year

338ken

Check with Hagerty Insurance.

Hagerty it has to be kept in a completely enclosed garage and there are tons of restrictions. You really cannot to anything but go to car shows or to a mechanic if you read the fine print

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hagerty it has to be kept in a completely enclosed garage and there are tons of restrictions. You really cannot to anything but go to car shows or to a mechanic if you read the fine print
Wow, it must be different from state to state. My policy said none of that!

338ken

Wow, it must be different from state to state. My policy said none of that!
Better read the fine print. What the agent tells you verbally and what is written in the policy is way different. My brother was a insurance agent for 30 years, he read one of their policies and could not believe it. Its really only good for a museum to store it you cant use it. Nothing can be hauled in it or towed behind it.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Better read the fine print. What the agent tells you verbally and what is written in the policy is way different. My brother was a insurance agent for 30 years, he read one of their policies and could not believe it. Its really only good for a museum to store it you cant use it. Nothing can be hauled in it or towed behind it.
Before I got insurance for my piece of green I read a lot of threads on SS about insurance issues, like has to be stored inside, restricted usage, and what can and can not be done with the truck. So I was sure to ask questions and ask for a copy of the policy to read before I agreed to it.
I read several insurance company policies and in the end I went with Hagerty.
When I do a contract I will take my time and read the whole thing and ask any questions so I completely understand it before I, initial in all the places and sign.
Like I said, my policy doesn’t say that. Sorry I didn’t see any fine print, it was all the same 😁.
The only restriction in it was that I could not transport anyone inside or in the bed of the truck (except for my wife because she was added as a driver.)
So, if it is/was part of Hagerty’s company policy, it wasn’t in my paper work that I read.
I’m a guy, but I actually reads instruction sheets, manuals, policy’s, contracts, and any and all legal papers.
Happy New Year 🎉.
Tom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks