• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

interesting CTIS issue

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

Working on a buddy's lmtv, I came across something I haven't seen before. I have no lights on the ctis controller at all, but it is working perfectly-- it comes online as it should when air pressure builds, and goes through the pressure checks, and will inflate/deflate when various modes are selected, but there are no lights indicating which mode it is in. Has anyone ever seen that condition before?

Z

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just an update: checked incoming power, and swapped out another controller-- the second controller lights up and functions properly, but the first still does not light up but also functions properly-- still a bit stumped but it is definitely in the controller itself. I just don't know if I want to dig into it further seeing how it functions properly, but has no red lights..........

Z

Ronmar

Like Spankybear said, pin S on the controller cannon plug provides power for the Controller lights and for the controller to switch the ctis overspeed light on and off in the dash. That power(from the CTIS CB-40) arrives via the de-energized contacts of K-52. When you turn on the blackout lights it energizes K52 and removes that power from pin S and blacks out the controller and overspeed light...

Nothing to work on in the controller, it is brutally potted inside of it’s case...

spankybear

Do you still have this unit? what color is it and can you take a picture of the part number tag on the bottom?

spankybear

Replace K52 relay. It is a 5 pin 12 volt coil relay. Also check CB40. This is a 24 volt supply. One of these could be your issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks