• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting day!!

BikerBi11

Got my new to me deuce home a couple of weeks ago. Been driving it around some and noticed it was pouring out a LOT of smoke. It didnt have the power I thought it should either. When it was ideling, I noticed that it had a funny sound under the hood. Time to investigate. Sound coming from turbo. Pulled it off and the main shaft was sheared on the hot side. Not a good way to start a love affair!! Called the guy I bought it from, he said "No problem!" He will round me up another... no charge!! Well.... in the mean time... what is a deuce without an M105 to pull behind it? Started looking around on the net... and behold, A guy has some for sale.... $350.00!!!! Jumped on that deal!! While I had him on the phone, asked ifhe had any parts laying around. He asked what I needed, so I told him a turbo. He said he had one that he thought might work. However, for $200.00 I had to take it and everything attached to it, namely an engine. So I said DEAL!! Went to go pick up the new to me M105... and there layed the engine... outside... on a pallet... uncovered... with a rusted up C turbo. Well, looked at the engine, can't pay $200.00 for a part that is no good to me, but I would still like to have the engine. Told him...; ok, I will take it for $100.00... he said OK!! Loaded everything on the trailoer and headed home.

Got home 4 hours later and unloaded trailer. got to looking at the turbo. Hmmmmm, what can I do with this?? Grabbed a can of WD-40.... sprayed in both sides. Waited a few minutes.... put a socket on the hot side, tried to turn it.... tried a little harder with more WD.... gave it a food hard push, it gave! sprayed in more WD...... spins real easy now!! took the turbo off and filled it full of oil. spun the impellers with compressed air.... turnes real good!! Cleaned it out as best I could in the cold and hot side... and installed it on the truck. Guess what... my truck is up and running again. Will probably install the D turbo when i go to get it though. All in all, a good day!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks