• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting M37 from Fort Hood

GopherHill

In the early 70s I bid on some M37s that were up for auction. I got the lot I wanted with one good truck and 2 parts trucks. The good truck was OD green with red fenders and a white hood. Stick on vinyl letters on the doord and tailgate read "Ordinance Disposal". All 3 trucks suffered some degree of parts stripping. The trucks were all missing wheels and tires plus inner windshields. The truck I kept started easily and was a good runner with the usual replacement of a few small items and of course tires and wheels. The parts trucks were pretty much stripped but were radio trucks with the big rectifier in front of the radiator.
I do regret selling my truck, my wife liked it too but baby was on the way.o
Truck was a 1962 M37b.

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Let's tag him so he'll see this conversation.....

@vtdeucedriver

With the new website platform, you can tag any Member by simply putting an "@" symbol in front of their username. They will then get an email notifying them of the tagging.
Who kicked the bed. I’m still around. Still got Kaboom. Did just over 1,400 mi last summer. Drove it to work every day last week.
Would love to have seen pics of those surplused out.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks