• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Interesting WW2 photos/aircraft

sggoat

Awesome pics! My Dad's P-38 was Stinky Jr. Aluetians-1943 sorry can't find the tail no.

trukhead

I enjoy the pictures of the legendary machinery in motion but what really grabs me is the Patriotism, Determination, Love of Country and Sense of Self these and all the Soldiers felt to put their lives on the line to do all their jobs.[thumbzup]

Now for the political rant: regardless of what side of the isle we as citizens believe in, it is time to demand more from our head-up-their-patootie politicians and set this country straight:

Polititians need to quit harping about money and start being economical with their pork barrel spending and spend money on what is important:

Like the Veterans that have and Soldiers and their Families that continue to sacrifice for all of us.

Demand that if something is sold here, Americans make all or most of it here for good wages and quit selling Americans out.

WE owe it to all the Soldiers that have past and the present Soldiers and their Families to work to keep the United States of America great and strong!

Every time I see the tools of war I think of the Soldiers and thank them for all the opportunities I have and how lucky I am to be a citizen of the United States of America!

I hope I don't get banned and the :rant::soapbox:is over:doh:!

Last edited:

mhassett

Great photos.
My Father flew a PBJ (Marine B-25) which was unarmed (no mqachine gun) and searched for Japanese ships to photograph, and then fire rockets at. At night.
His plane was shot uo, but was able to make it back safely.
MHassett

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Awesome. I got a wonderful opportunity recently to plop my buttocks in a P51D. When I left the house that day, never thought that opportunity would have presented itself. I didn't have a camera and the cell was dead but one of my kids got a photo from their DS....uh, that's more grain than photo. Check that one off my bucket list.

FrankUSMC

One of my favorite WWII photos is in there. The photo of the carrier deck with the crashed hellcat that is burning up. The sailor is climbing up on the flaming aircraft with no protection gear on the help get the pilot out. Notice his foot is on the fuel drop tank!
I have that photo (8x10) framed and in my office.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome. I got a wonderful opportunity recently to plop my buttocks in a P51D. When I left the house that day, never thought that opportunity would have presented itself. I didn't have a camera and the cell was dead but one of my kids got a photo from their DS....uh, that's more grain than photo. Check that one off my bucket list.

CONGRATS!! Love those birds!! Got to work for a female N.G. Pilot who's husband gave her a flight in one of the last twin seat P-51 as a wedding present. Still on my bucket list,,,,,,, not going to hold my breath though

God bless,
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks