• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

INterior com system????

big block 88

Soooo, I am not sure what this would even be called so I can't really search it.

Anyway overseas we had com sets we could use in the trucks, I have never seen them before or since. Anyone here have knowledge on what it would take to make a com setup in the truck with a headpiece and mic for both the driver and passenger?? did they ever offer somthing like this?? Or has one of you tinkerers found a way to make one?

Thanks for any help.

Bluewidowr1

I don't know if it will help but I would look at racing radio's. I know Avcomm makes an intercom setup that Baja racers use to talk to the navigator. Perhaps a search of other racing disciplines like Rally racing would yield good results although most all of these systems would be 12 volt so you would need a voltage converter or transformer. [thumbzup]

deuceaid

Banned
I would go for the Vic 1 setup, more likely to find surplus and still looks mil spec cause it is...there is also Vic 3 stuff, but it doesnt interchange (newer) with Vic 1. I forget the name but there is a mil radio place ( in ohio I think) that sells that kind of stuff now and then (they have an internet page). There are enough fellow Ham radio guys here to point you in the direction you want to go if you want to add other things to that system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks