• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Iola MV show and swap meet 2014

nchittendon

Today was my first time ever attending the Iola show. I wasn't prepared enough to get the weekend off, and I wasn't prepared enough to bring the deuce. After this year's "recon" trip.......next year will be different.

I understand that the real "show" doesn't happen until the weekend, but the swap meet was awesome. Filled with great old parts and great folks. My 7yo had a blast as well......greatly in part to the nice people at every spot.

My son took most of the pics. I think he had a pretty good eye!

~ lots of old toys to gawk at. But his mean old dad wouldn't get him any.
~ this jeep was just so clean. My son kept coming back to it amazed at how pristine it was.
~ And then he saw his first Mule ever. He wanted me to write the check for it right there on the spot.
~ He stood in the middle of the two rows and says, "we would never run out of fuel, water, oil, or anything we could put in these!"
~ I took a friend with you has yet to catch the green fever. Well, thanks to the M715 in this pic, he has caught it. I guarantee he is at home reading on Steel Soldiers right now. He was all giggly like a school girl all the way home.
~ I took the pic of the deuce. Whomever owns this one, I love your truck and where you mounted your antennas.
~ then, to top it all off, on the way home we saw this cluster of trailers by the roadside. Once I get a hold of the owner, I just might be bringing home a pair of decent M105's

All in all, it was a great day.
DSCN5805.jpgDSCN5808.jpgDSCN5809.jpgDSCN5810.jpgDSCN5816.jpgSANY1886.jpgSANY1890.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks