• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP leaking fuel

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed my oil and installed Jatonka spin on fuel and oil filters sunday. I was checking for oil and fuel leaks and noticed my IP pump was leaking fuel from the fuel shut off cover.:x i checked the TM's and am woundering if a leaking FDC would cause fuel to leak from the shut off cover. Anybody ever have the same problem???

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, there is a gasket in there. I read the TM, but it doesnt mention anything about fuel leaking from the shutoff coveraua i cheked the oil, cant really tell if theres any fuel getting into it.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an O ring under the two screw fuel control shaft that goes into the head. The cover gasket for the shut down is just for what little oil splash there is.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem. Just remove shut down cover cut saftey wire remove two screws and carefully remove the control being shure NOT to lose the little pin on the back side of the control. Replace O ring correctley put back control,screws saftey wire and cover. You could run the machine with the shut down cover off and you might see if it's this O ring leaking or the ones under the head. Just hope it the little O ring is a lot easer.

Last edited:

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got a chance to work on my truck yesterday looking for the source of my fuel leak. I thought it was coming from the shutoff cover, so I removed the cover and there was no fuel in there, just motor oil. I put the cover back on and cleaned the hydraulic head off, I found that fuel was leaking from top of the HH, so I removed all of the injector lines and reinstalled them making sure all of them were tight. Started the engine and fuel was still leaking, I can’t tell if it’s coming from an injector line or if the HH has a crack in it, the tine cover with the firing order prevents me from seeing the surface of the HH.
Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Westech

CPL
take the tin off and take a look... I had to do that to my last deuce... it was leaking so I just replaced the pump. There are heads you there for 400 or new pumps for 600.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats kinda what i was thinking James, i did notice that one of the injectors felt kinda weird when i tightend it..kinda got an extray amount of turn on it when it bottomed out, i also noticed some rust in the same injector hole. i will cut the cover off n take a better look at it. if the HH is cracked, who is a good source for a new one???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks