• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is the m1114 the 'red haired step child' of the hmmwv family?

Gamble

Why does it seem as though the m1114 is the odd ball of the hmmwv family. I've tried researching this model and it doesn't appear different from the performance specs of the 1151, 1165, 1167 etc. But the body is somewhat different from all models. It's like it tried to bridge the gap from the a2 and the ECV with an amalgamation of both types of parts. Then apparently BAE got involved with the body as well.

Was this primarily an army truck? Any numbers on it's production?

Action

Why does it seem as though the m1114 is the odd ball of the hmmwv family. I've tried researching this model and it doesn't appear different from the performance specs of the 1151, 1165, 1167 etc. But the body is somewhat different from all models. It's like it tried to bridge the gap from the a2 and the ECV with an amalgamation of both types of parts. Then apparently BAE got involved with the body as well.

Was this primarily an army truck? Any numbers on it's production?
The only body difference i can think of is a lower battery box. The m1114 was armored by ogara hess, bae, etc. that is why most of the extra parts are nit available as easy as the 1152/65/51/67, which were armored by amg.

Gamble

The only body difference i can think of is a lower battery box. The m1114 was armored by ogara hess, bae, etc. that is why most of the extra parts are nit available as easy as the 1152/65/51/67, which were armored by amg.
The sponsons appear to be the same as the m1045a2 but different than the 11 series ecv trucks. Also, I believe the chassis are different. I believe the 1152, 65, 51, and 67s are the heavier chassis.

Action

The sponsons appear to be the same as the m1045a2 but different than the 11 series ecv trucks. Also, I believe the chassis are different. I believe the 1152, 65, 51, and 67s are the heavier chassis.
You asked about the body. Sponsons are not part of the body. The left sponson is unique. It has the a/c condensor in it with the 5 visible vents. Lots of things bolted to the body are unique.
The m1151,67 sponsons are aluminum.
All of the a/c. The compressor looks like what is in the newer trucks, but it only has one wire.
the roof is unique as seen in the post where the person was trying to modify it.

Gamble

You asked about the body. Sponsons are not part of the body. The left sponson is unique. It has the a/c condensor in it with the 5 visible vents. Lots of things bolted to the body are unique.
The m1151,67 sponsons are aluminum.
All of the a/c. The compressor looks like what is in the newer trucks, but it only has one wire.
the roof is unique as seen in the post where the person was trying to modify it.
Are the chassis the same as the A2 trucks or the 11 series trucks?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks