• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a way to adjust my M813 door "forward"?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My passenger side door rubs and drags on the rear of the door opening on the cab and needs to move forward to fix this interference. Is there a way to move the door forward? Shims or adjusting slots anywhere?
Basically, I need to close this gap.
20180708_190950.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try bending the hinge leafs bolted to the cab. Make sure nobody put some shims under the hinge.

someoldmoose

I had the same problem. A couple careful whacks on the upper hinge ( hit a piece of wood yer holding against the hinge, not the hinge itself ) brought mine back into alignment. I also changed how the mirror mount attaches at the hinge because it was binding. I'll post a pic when I find it but basically I used a nut between the top of the hinge and the mirror bracket ( bracket sandwiched between bolt head and added nut ). Now the hinge isn't bound up and the mirror mount is still tight. [thumbzup]

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you banging on the hinge while the door is closed and latched or open slightly?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same issue with my truck. Turned out to be bent hinges. I took mine off the truck, banged them flat again and re-installed. BINGO!

someoldmoose

I guess it depends how far off it is. I did mine on the truck, door closed. About five good whacks and mine was close enough for gov't work. The 1/2 gap by rear upper window corner was closed and the gaps were nearly even all around. The best way is of course to remove the door and mirrors, unbolt the plates and flatten them as suggested above. I was just going for quick and dirty.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
New paired hinges are on ebag for about 20$ shipped. That includes cab side, door side, and pin

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have to try the large crescent wrench idea as I used a 2x4 and large dead blow hammer and after beating it like it owed me money the door still wasn't in the clear...