• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a M101? Data tag is missing

FrankenCub

A guy I know has a trailer I'm considering buying for my M1008 but the tag has been removed and some other tag added by a PO.
What model is this, or is this enough to ID it?

IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0075.jpg

FrankenCub

Thanks. He's a few hours away from me and not knowing I didn't want to make a drive and find it too big. Now to get more pics so we can get to a price.

FrankenCub

I think the guy I know made them when he first bought the trailer. Has a small farm but don't think he used it much. If he wants too much for it I may wait till one comes up at a close GP auction where I can get one with the correct sides and bows. I'm finding the older I get the more I appreciate keeping loads dry lol.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the guy I know made them when he first bought the trailer. Has a small farm but don't think he used it much. If he wants too much for it I may wait till one comes up at a close GP auction where I can get one with the correct sides and bows. I'm finding the older I get the more I appreciate keeping loads dry lol.
All the more reason to get two!

FrankenCub

He took more pictures for me today. The floor is looking soft in spots and will need replacing, IMO. Are these trailers put together in a way that replacing the floor is straight forward? Unless it's pretty cheap I may have to pass on it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get a newer trailer with surge brake.

Those old ones have no brakes and split retainer ring rims. You don't want that.

FrankenCub

I think they'll be above my pay grade. He's asking $650 for that one and even that's more than I want to spend. For what I'll be using one for the lack of brakes isn't a big deal and split rims don't bother me none. For filancial reasons I may be better off building my own trailer using the back half of a pickup. It sucks being money poor but I make it work lol.

FrankenCub

I've seen that too while looking through past GP auctions. There were a bunch just this month for the $350 range, and close enough I wouldn't think twice about driving. I have a search set so when they come up I will get notifications. Maybe I'll get lucky if any more come out of NY or Pa.

dougco1

Get a newer trailer with surge brake.

Those old ones have no brakes and split retainer ring rims. You don't want that.
I agree with doghead, get an A2 with the surge brakes. With the amount of load they can handle you will appreciate it. They stop so smooth that you may at times forget you have it behind you. And I'll bet you can get one for the same price if not lower than an A1. I got mine at FT Drum in 2012 for $400 "without cover". Get your M1008 on the road first and then head back up to Grand Gorge again, he may have a few kicking around. I also see them on Craig's List time to time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks