• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a rifle mount?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a rifle mount base on the floor between the steering wheel and the transfer case shifter?cropped-Chevrolet%20CUCV%2016-35%20(10).jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
No it's not a rifle mount. Usually the fire extinguisher goes there. Rifle holders should be behind the seat on the sides, if you've got a pickup.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was hoping it was usable along with the radio mount that goes on the dash. It would be a lot easier than having to get out and move the seat to get to it.

Drock

I was hoping it was usable along with the radio mount that goes on the dash. It would be a lot easier than having to get out and move the seat to get to it.
Well you can make it into one. I find the original mounts to be cumbersome. The magazine sticks out and is easily knocked into when your entering & exiting the vehicle.

Monkeyboyarmy

Well it would certainly look more impressive right there. The old Dodge M880s had a rifle mount on the hump. I guess that could have been a field mod tho.

Gripy

You don't need to move the seat to get it out of the holder. 10 or 20rnd mag works better, doesn't get in the way when you;re getting in and out of the truck. A shot gun fits in there too.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pic isn't my truck. But I think I'll pull the rubber floor cover back and see it mine has one. If so I can find a radio mic mount that goes on the dash I think I'll try to make one work.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gripy, I have aM1028A1. The NP205 transfer case shifter looks like it's far enough to the passenger side that I can mount a rack there. I use the stock mounts behind the seat. But they are not easy to get to Coyotes are usually gone by the time you stop, get out, fumble with the seatbelt and get it out. I'm thinking maybe I can use a NOS mount kit and find a radio mic mount from a 1009 for the dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks