• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It is ALIVE!

Keith_J

Not my MEP003a but another member's. What had happened was over two years of inop which varnished the injection pump. When we tried to start it, the Oldham key seized. Then when pulling the pump, the delivery valve spacer fell apart. And the nylon ball end link snapped. But we managed to get the pump off, taken apart and cleaned out. Parts from Gimpyrobb came in today and installed. I double checked timing, then without delivery valve spring in place, each injector line was bled. The crank has to be turned 180 degrees after #1 is bled with flywheel mark is set at PC.

Then we got intrepid, brave or just stupid and fired it up. Yes, I was the governor. Adjusting the control lever to match the governor rod. Not too precise but enough to blow the cob webs out and get it warm. Didn't have quite the control lever authority expected but the governor sure was sensitive.

Still have aver to trace out why the stop solenoid isn't getting power in the run position, either oil pressure or thermal cutout switches. And the governor rod end. And a good 9kW load.

This is a good lesson learned, if the control lever doesn't move up when the stop solenoid is engaged, it is best to pull the pump and clean it out. Oldham drive keys are not something easily found. And keep fresh fuel in your generators.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks