• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's here! Modeler's Forum!

Adamlee

Thanks for the new commo area, Mike! My last modeler's post was a little outdated - great thing to have the new forum!

Come on in, scale modelers!

ps. Mike - can you migrate the old modeler's thread to this area for us? Thank you!!

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: It

I don't have the finer skills to build models to my own satisfaction. I appreciate them and love to admire the work done by modelers. I do have a few kits that I would like to have done. Are there any modelers out there for hire? I've checked some of the model shops around my area to see if I could pay someone to complete the kits, and I always get the same answers; "I'd love to, but I don't have the time," or, "I have too many of my own projects to do before I take on someone elses." (Hence, the reason I said, "for HIRE!")

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the forum and associated pics!

kinetichotshot

Slightly off topic... anyone else notice that the thread posts that are supposed to be here in modeling are showing up in the chaplains corner? or at least in the scroll box for it!!!

Adamlee

Modeler's focus areas: scale, topic preferences?

ALCON -

what sorts of preferences do you modelers have for specific scales and topics?

me- ground warfare stuff; mobility, soldiers....1/35 scale mostly with occasional forays into aircraft modeling 1/32, 1/48, 1/72 scale.

Got Ski a real nice 5-ton 900 series 6x6 model a few years back to build for himself; if I'm not mistaken I think Henry (Jeff's "mini-me" clone) took care of that model right well.... :shock:

Before my son and daughter moved out of state with their mom and stepdad, I got them started in models at least - found some snap-tites, easy starter kits for kids.

All I can say is, it sure is alot harder to find those snap-tites in any thing decent these days! I remember my dad getting me those Monogram kits back in the late 60's/early 70's.

OK, enough of a flashback. Now, what scale and focus?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Modeler

Congrats this will be very cool to see all the creativity of our Steel Soldiers. I hope to make some scale working models when I retire as it should also coincide with grandkids.

citizensoldier

RE: Modeler

Cool section guys.. I do models when my back goes out.. Its about the only thing I can do is just sit and piddle. Lets see some pictures! I also figure its the only tank type vehicles I will ever be able to afford or own.. :D
I am a 1/35 truck and armor guy but have purchased some of the Dragon War Bird series.. I know its cheating but they are nice and ad to my war room.

spentshell

Heres my latest I havent built one in twenty five years . When I was about 13 I enterd a model contest with my Enola Gay B-29 up against a local model building club of 50 and 60 year olds and took first place. To bad when I turned 16 I tucked an m80 in the bomb bay.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i do 1/35 , 1/87, 1/1 scale, in the 1/35 heavy transport, bridging, a lot still in the box, in 1/87 i have about 100 or so, heavy transport, engineering, bridging, recovery, fuel transport, special support vehicles, in 1/1 a m819 and a xm977

joec

RE: I have been looking for this kit..

Great stuff..!!! I like the models he has. He has alot of them. Need to find one of them at a yardsale. If i ever find 2 i will send you one..!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks