• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just Bobbed the Deuce

Jimma

Thanks to the skilled hands and sharp mind of BlythewoodJoe in Blythewood, SC I got the truck bobbed. I drove to Joe's last Saturday - a mere 150 mile drive (each way) and he was waiting and ready to start the job. He went right to work and got everything stripped down, axles removed, new duece springs hung in the back, spaced everything back 5 inches, detached everything from the rear bumber, cut the frame, re drilled and re mounted the bumperettes and lights and then built a cradle to hold the extra axle and tires for the trip home, loaded and secured them and I was off. Because of delays, eating, running a few arrands and such it took a little longer than Joe anticipated but it was worth it. We got it finished and I headed home on Sunday with a bobbed and driveable truck. He did a great job and is a really, really cool person. Got the 395's installed and next will be the paint job.

Attachments

Jimma

Thanks for the complements. I will post pictures when I get it painted and then the bed installed. I could not have done it without blythewoodjoe.

Jimma

I am going to use a M105 trailer bed. I know there are many opinions about what bed to use but I like the look, I own one and its right here and I like the fact that it has bows and a standard cover. I dont have to waste a lot of time in fabrication and my trailer, bows and cover will fit nicely on the truck.

RAYZER

I am going to use a M105 trailer bed. I know there are many opinions about what bed to use but I like the look, I own one and its right here and I like the fact that it has bows and a standard cover. I dont have to waste a lot of time in fabrication and my trailer, bows and cover will fit nicely on the truck.
Ahh,the good ol sacrificial trailer!:grd:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Don't worry about what it looks like, mine looked like it was rolled, and I was accepted. They are not a very picky bunch down there, heck they even let Clinto attend!

Jimma

I was there last year with my other deuce and its a beauty. I dont want to roll in this year looking like a dog. As to the color, I plan to paint it head to toe in 383 green, then do a black camo pattern over the green. I am going to paint the cab and frame first. Then I am going to paint the trailer bed completely so I can install it with every surface painted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe is a good friend and an accomplished deuce butcher. He also works smart, not hard. Won't find a more fair guy to deal with in the hobby. Oh, the truck looks tough! If they allow my rust bucket at the rally, they won't shun you.....or your brother! Did you guys lengthen a driveshaft in advance or did Joe do it on site?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks