• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just driving around

mckeeranger

Does anyone else just drive their MV around for no good reason?

I was moving the M107s around today ( I'm going to touch up the paint ) and decided I should hook one up to the M35A2, "just to see if everything worked." I've never pulled anything with it so I wanted to see if the electrical and brake stuff was ok.

So I had it hooked up, everything works, and I decided to see how it pulled out on the road.

60 miles later, I was back at home and realized how long I had been gone, and how far I had traveled.

I loved every minute and mile of it.

Attachments

GoHot229

I'd say ummm.............no reason? .......................no, I got a reason....to go down to the store and get a peach nehi and a white owl cigar of course.....reason enough. Meh.... the town's only 15 miles away or so by time I take the long way, then theres the ride home, got'a see if the folks along the way are ok?????

DieselBob

I take mine out as often as possible. The sun on your face and the wind in your hair just can't be beat. And that's with the top on and the windows closed. :-D

waayfast

We take the M35 around on Saturday mornings in the summer pretty often.I get a chance to show off the big green toy and she gets to go yard saleing---and just about no matter what she gets,we got room to haul it home.

battlewagon

I drove mine to McDonalds a few days ago. While I was sitting in the drivers seat, an older Korean man did a walk around one time, and then came up to the window to ask me about it. He said he was 10 years old in Korea (south I presume) when these trucks were all over the place ferrying troops around. He's 70 now, and he said the truck brought back good memories for him. Nothing like the threat of tyranny to give someone a little appreciation.

clpo

If you call getting out and driving around for the sheer joy of it no good reason, then yes, I do it all the time!!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No long road trips for me yet. I store the truck off-site and I just drive it to the house to do some upgrade work and indoctrinate the neighbors. I like to take different routes home and "terrorize" the West Los Angeles Libs in their Hybrids:twisted:. Between the growl of the NHC250 and my earplugs, I get to shut out all the "bu11$h!t" that mires this town. It's all quite therapeutic:cool:.

My mom and step-dad came by the other day for my son's soccer game. So, after the game I said that I had something interesting to show them. We all drove to the storage lot and I introduced them to our M818. I gave them each a cruise around the local area. My step-dad is former CA Guardsman and he loved it. Crazy thing is my mom loved it even more:-D.

Last edited:

Strykerboy

yeah i drive mine everyday to work and all over the place i dont get to many looks in it tho seeing as a work and live on ft.knox its just another army truck on post, alltho I get yelled at some times for not whering my helmet lol... no i just keep it my truck now... saves hasles:-D

redcoat54th

I drive mine every chance I get. I have collerctor plates so its a grey area just to drive it without a "Reason/event." Well, you can drive it for regular maintenance as needed. Mine always needs to be run every week to keep it in tip top shape..............
I love to drive the deuce to relax and escape to the "other world" I guess thats why I own it.

WyoDeuce

I drive mine on the weekends and to work once a week. It's too much fun not to drive as much as possible. My wife and I fit an entire cart of groceries under the passenger seat.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks