• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our MTVR camper:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Apparently it's not legal to paint propane tanks in subdued colors, so we're going to have a sight shield for them. I'll epoxy this to make it waterproof, and then either paint it flat black or paint it to match the truck:

View attachment 808316
I know it would be more of a "pain" to do, but having the top step with more than the toe hold is available now might be nice. Any chance you could go to a local sheetmetal shop and have something similar bent - leaned back - toward the frame? Or maybe use that same piece of wood and a piano hinge to allow the wood to lean back onto the top of the tanks? Your co-pilot might really appreciate that... How to pull it out? I have no idea. Just thinking out loud...

MTVR

That's not the top step- it's the middle step. The top step, which is part of the cab, is visible at the top of the picture.

And the steps are plenty deep- way more than just a toe hold...

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's not the top step- it's the middle step. The top step, which is part of the cab, is visible at the top of the picture.

And the steps are plenty deep.
It's your rodeo. Just thought I would mention what I saw. Your truck looks plenty neat and I'm not trying to be a "hater"...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M
Is that going to be under the federal highway height limit? I think its 13'6". Love seeing your progress

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
All states west of the Missississippi are 14' with the exception of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Minnesota, Iowa are the only 13'6" states. Louisiana and Missouri allow 14' on 4 lane highways. Nebraska and Colorado allows 14ft 6"

Last edited:

MTVR

Near as we can tell, it's about 13'2" to 13'3" tall right now. Our low profile roof vent/fan and solar panels will add about 3" to that. By the time we complete the build and move in, we may get about 2" of suspension compression. It is our goal to be under 13'6" so that we can visit the eastern part of the United States also...

MTVR

Got three of the four windows installed. Forgot to take any pics.

Hope to install the fourth window tomorrow, and then maybe start installing the exterior plywood.

MTVR

Windows all in. The last window (the one for our loft bed bedroom area) was almost too tall for the 16-foot ladder that we were using. The sun is overhead now, so we're gonna pack it in early.

Last edited:

MTVR

Tonight's lovely cider. Taking in the OMSI Star Party at the Aurora Colony winery in Aurora. Live music, vin, and the Persied meteor shower.20200812_194216.jpg20200812_194130.jpg20200812_190819.jpg20200812_194244.jpg

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
How will this handle flexing off-road? I’ve always contemplated doing a similar project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTVR

How will this handle flexing off-road? I’ve always contemplated doing a similar project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you asking about the articulation of the suspension, or the flexing of the truck's frame?

Because there won't be any flex in the truck's flat bed or our box...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks