• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KC to Dayton Ohio. Boring ol' 600mile trip in a deuce. But wait theres more!

Stagg

Leaving from Kansas City driving my M35A2 (bumper number 6025) and hopefully arriving just north of Dayton 10 hours later.
Will be flat-towing my M1009 CUCV on a Med towbar.

This weekend looks like rain, guess I had better pack my goretex.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Where in dayton? I'll be near I71 and I35 sat. PM me your number for a meet n greet.

Have a safe trip.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Steve was with me last year at Findlay, he is going to his home place up in Troy. I am planning on picking him up Thursday on the way to Findlay. Safe trip Stagg.

Last edited:

Stagg

It ought to be a pretty decent trip. New wiper blades, rainex and most importantly the "improved" defroster vents from a A3 mean that I can actually drive through a thunderstorm without getting washed overboard, or swirled around inside a cab full of water like a washing machine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Safe travels my friend. Troy is a familiar place. As I've always said, deuces should have inside and outside wipers.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually it is beautiful here right now.

I don't know where Gimpy is going to be since I35 runs from MN down thru TX.

;-)

If you get close we have tow bars and 5-tons for helping.

Stagg

Didn't have a good internet connection until now, but I made it.

Ended up driving straight through. Right at 12 hrs to drive 620 miles.
Left at 10:30 Saturday, and arrived that night.

Not really any pictures, but wish I had brought my camera. Saw two other civilian owned MVs.
Must have been a good weekend to plan for recoveries, my CUCV felt right at home.
Saw a 931 towing a Humvee some where around mile marker 65 on I-70 in Illinois.
And a 939 series cargo truck towing another just like it in Indiana.
This last one was memorable because as I waved out the window my transfer case jumped out of gear! This happened twice afterwards. Guess I will have to take the top off the T-case and check the detente ball/spring. Feels like it is not popping into place like it should.
That and start fiddling with the IP in the M1009. Would be nice it that thing ran right now, instead of trying to push/tow/stuff it into the barn with the towbar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks