• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Keith's M1078A1 Project Overland

weldergq692000

ramdough

Here are some pictures of the lock and window install. My biggest tip is do not use the wire that they supplied you with and use good quality wire.
View attachment 769064View attachment 769065View attachment 769066View attachment 769067View attachment 769068View attachment 769069
Where did you get the heavy duty lock wires and clips from? What size (or part number) do you recommend?

Is the little electrical box only for the door locks? Can I replace it with an alarm?

Thanks......love the work you have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get the heavy duty lock wires and clips from? What size (or part number) do you recommend?

Is the little electrical box only for the door locks? Can I replace it with an alarm?

Thanks......love the work you have done.

Are you referring to the electrical lock wires or the the connecting rods?
The clip is from a variety pack of door lock clips from the local parts store or Amazon.
you may have to drill the original metal a little larger to accommodate the new clips.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FBF96C61-62CC-43E9-8485-13FAC8BF610E.jpeg13F1375C-0238-4E3F-9DC6-3F07ADF6032A.jpegIt’s permanent.
I was testing the motorcycle hoist. It will ride in this position after I fabricate a mount for it.
There is a hatch in the back porch roof above the motorcycle. You can see the steps in front of the motorcycle. The porch roof will also be a seating/ standing platform.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I’ve been keeping in the dark for the last year. I’ve been under a hard deadline to get the exterior mostly done, because I was losing the shop I had available free of rent. I’ll be finishing the interior in my driveway. The first picture I posted was it in my driveway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks